A 40-year-old man caught up in a weekend house fire near Plumbridge remains in a critical condition.
Daniel McFadden suffered severe burns in the blaze that broke out on the Tullagherin Road shortly before 11.3oam on Sunday.
The victim was rushed to Altnagelvin Hospital before being transferred to Belfast’s Royal Victoria.
Police have confirmed that the fire is not being treated as suspicious and Fire Service assistant group commander Andy Sinclair confirmed that it was accidental.
“Firefighters were called to attend a fire in a bungalow on the Tullagherin Road at around 11.27am.
“On arrival the property was well alight and firefighters administered oxygen therapy to a 40-year-old man, who was outside the property, suffering from burns and cuts.
“The casualty was taken to Altnagelvin Hospital by ambulance and was later transferred to the Royal Victoria in Belfast. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental. There were smoke alarms fitted in the property however fire crews were unable to determine if these actuated,” Mr Sinclair added.