Plumbridge man ‘seriously ill’ after house fire

A Plumbridge man is seriously ill after an overnight fire at a bungalow outside the village.

The blaze broke out at the house on the Tullagherin Road at around 11.30am on Sunday. A 40 year-old man suffering severe burns to the right side of his body was discovered outside of the house and administered with oxygen therapy by fire-fighters at the scene.

The Fire Service said the bungalow was well alight when personnel wearing breathing apparatus tackled the flames, using two hosereel jets to extinguish the blaze. The fire is being treated as accidental.


The man was taken to Altnagelvin Hospital by ambulance before he was transferred to the Royal Victoria in Belfast, where he is described as being “seriously ill”.


The Strabane Chronicle is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 15 Main Street, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland, BT82 8AS