LOCAL BUSINESS AWARDS LAUNCHED
The eagerly anticipated 2017 Strabane Business Awards, organised by the Strabane Chronicle and Strabane Chamber of Commerce, were officially launched this week. The Awards aim to recognise and reward local business success with promotion in print, online and at the Gala Awards Night.
THE AWARDS PROCESS
Local businesses will have the opportunity to enter or nominate for any of the awards on offer as detailed below. A judging panel will then shortlist with guaranteed free publicity for all the nominees in advance and at the Gala Awards Night.
The Gala Awards Night will take place on the 25th March in the Fir Trees Hotel and is sure to be the biggest social business event in Strabane, with an expected 250 people in attendance.
Colm Gallagher, President of Strabane Chamber of Commerce, was delighted with the 2017 Awards launching: ‘’The annual Business Awards are a great opportunity to celebrate the many achievements of businesses in the Strabane area and we look forward to working in partnership with the Strabane Chronicle again to ensure the Awards are a highly successful PR initiative.’’
Nigel McDonagh, Editor, Strabane Chronicle, also commented: “we’re delighted to once again be partnering with the Chamber to run the Business Awards and the main aim this year is to build on the success of 2015. With the Chronicle co-organising the Awards, the Chamber has ensured that there’s local coverage of a local event.”
With the awards launched, individuals and businesses are invited to enter via www.strabanechronicle.com (after 1pm on Thursday 26th January). After the closing date, Friday 17th February, the judging panel will then shortlist with guaranteed free publicity for all the nominees in advance and also at the awards night.
Any business or individual is invited to nominate themselves or others for any of the categories on offer. The awards are free to enter and open to any business in Strabane and district.
For further information on entry details and ticket information please contact Lisa McGavigan of the Straabne Chamber of Commerce on 075 4729 5776.
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, sponsored by Dalradian Gold
- Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Derry City & Strabane District Council
- Employer of the Year Award, sponsored by Frylite
- Pride of Strabane Award, sponsored by Allstate
- Best Eatery/ Coffee shop Award, sponsored by NIIRTA
- Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by MountCharles
- Creative industries business Award, sponsored by Strabane Telecoms
- Restaurant of the Year Award, sponsored by Glenfresh foods
- Excellence in Health, WellBeing and Leisure Award, sponsored by MMD Communications
- Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dolans Nisa
- Outstanding contribution to Arts & Culture Award, sponsored by Fir Trees Hotel
- Employee of the Year Award, sponsored by Eclipse Cinemas
- Best New Business Award, sponsored by SE Agency
- Licensed Premises of the Year Award, sponsored by Carlin Construction
- Outstanding Business Growth Award, sponsored by North West Regional College
Drinks reception, sponsored by Supervalu