Another business success for Strabane…
LAST Saturday night saw business people from across Strabane & district gather to celebrate and acknowledge the 2017 Strabane Business Awards, run jointly by the Strabane Chronicle and Strabane Chamber of Commerce.
With 200 people in attendance at the gala event in the Fir Trees Hotel, the stage was set for the biggest awards night of the year.
After the meal, all the winners were announced and presented with their Award, with the main award of the night going to Sean McShane of Glen Fresh Foods who was named the Business Person of the Year.
Highlighting the success of the night, Colm Gallagher, President, Strabane Chamber of Commerce said: “It was a hugely successful night for not only The Chamber but also for Strabane businesses in general with the very best being showcased. Our awards have covered small ‘run from home’ operations to large multi-national companies with global reach. We would like to congratulate our category winners and highly commended recipients and also Sean McShane. Special thanks goes to all our sponsors, without whom this event would not have been possible.”
Nigel McDonagh, Editor, Strabane Chronicle said he was delighted: “last Saturday’s gala night was a huge success for everyone concerned, with the local business community being acknowledged for its dedication and entrepreneurial spirit.
“The Strabane Chronicle plays a pivotal role in the local community and backing initiatives such as these awards is crucial and congratulations to all of the winners and highly commended recipients for participating in a great evening.”
The principal award winners:
– Pride of Strabane Award, sponsored by Allstate: Paul, Rosemary and Sarah Jane Mullen, Strictly by M Dancing;
– Employer of the Year Award, sponsored by Frylite: Glen Fresh Foods;
– Outstanding Business Achievement Award, sponsored by Dalradian Gold: Daniel Barrett, Eclipse Cinemas Lifford & Strabane;
– Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Derry City & Strabane District Council: Allstate Northern Ireland;
– Strabane Chronicle and Strabane Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year Award: Sean McShane, Glen Fresh Foods.
The category award winners:
– Best Eatery/ Coffee Shop Award, sponsored by Retail NI: Caffe Fresco;
– Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by MountCharles: John Arthur TV & Domestic Appliance Sales;
– Creative Industries Business Award, sponsored by Strabane Telecoms: Pixel House Design;
– Restaurant of the Year Award, sponsored by Glen Fresh Foods: Murphy’s on the Green;
– Excellence in Health, WellBeing and Leisure Award, sponsored by MMD Communications: Railway Gym;
– Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Dolan’s Nisa: Mark James Menswear;
– Outstanding contribution to Arts & Culture Award, sponsored by Fir Trees Hotel: Uilleann Pipe Maker;
– Employee of the Year Award, sponsored by Eclipse Cinemas: Dympna Maxwell, B&M Bargains;
– Best New Business Award, sponsored by Strabane Enterprise Agency: Haus of Mohawk;
– Licensed Premises of the Year Award, sponsored by Carlin Construction: Central Bar;
– Outstanding Business Growth Award, sponsored by North West Regional College: Meritcom.